PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Direct Entry Second Officer
Old 29th Apr 2019, 16:12
redboxpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fully agree wit a334. I have been doing quite an extensive research through different forums. Generally, people that are dissatisfied with the company, are the ones that write. Which is not bad, of course. It tells a part of the reality which may be possible in each person case regarding each one's personality. But there is also another part of the reality that is not widely spread which is the one of all those happy with the company, the flights, the long hours and the job they do as well as the city you have to move to. It also strongly depends on where you come from, the job opportunities you have in your actual place, whether you have a family or not, and so many other variables that you and only you can decide if in the overall it represents a benefit for you. Clearly, the same job opportunity does not look attractive for a person with 2000TT, jet hours, airline experience and family, as for a young pilot with less than 1000TT, single and only piston engine experience.

It is just my opinion, the way I try to evaluate my situation and how I cope with everything I read. Anyway after all, the final decision will be made after visiting CX, passing the interviews and receiving the invitation to become part of the company; which should give you a different scene than the one you have now.