PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2019, 21:01
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@2unlimited: As for me it actually matters because its totally different if you worked there and really know what you are talking about, or if you heard it from a friends, friend or read somewhere on a forum and come with stuff like "people bribe themselves through assessment at Wizz Air" because its actually not something nice to say about an airline or actually about any business if its not true.

As for the other things you are writing you are saying like if people who are members of a union have the monopoly on saying what is good or bad for all pilots all the time when very many pilots are not members in any union. Actually most pilots (or any other person no matter if its a doctor, programmer, lawyer.... you name it) who have more capitalistic political views will probably not be a member of any union. Now I do not wish to go off topic but this seems to be relevant to both Wizz Air and any other airline that offer self employment as companies. In Poland I believe you will find most pilots to prefer self employment and not think of it as a cancer but a great benefit just like pilots in Emirates for example probably think of it as benefit to pay low taxes and not a cancer.

Again I do not wish to go off topic but since most Wizz Air bases are in Eastern Europe then people there might be interested that their chances for low taxation will not be removed. Actually the EU is changing but not into more Strasbourg control but quite the opposite different nations wish to have some sovereignty left and deciding what tax system a nation want is definitely part of its national laws. As the situation is today anyway the EU can not dictate different nations what laws about taxes they shall have (they can just require a minimum value added tax to be uniform). And once again its not tax authorities in Poland that let some law get bent. It is THE LAW in Poland that you can perform a service to a company as another company and the law you are talking about was discussed in the parliament but not even voted about since it got discarded. So it is the law in Poland and neither LOT or Ryan Air are bending any laws in Poland. As for Wizz Air I do not know about Switzerland contracts but if they use the same contracts as LOT or Ryan Air then they are not bending anything but doing everything according to the law at least in Poland. The UK law or French law or German law is NOT the law in the whole EU its national law. And I believe this is relevant to any Wizz Air pilot or any other pilot getting a job in Eastern Europe to check the local laws (or consult a professional company for help they are just 300 PLN per month in Poland for example) and not get talked into that they are bending the law or will get a tax man at the door because its not true.