PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2019, 17:37
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@2unlimited: From what I read you write here (I did not read your 800 posts on the forum) it looks like you actually worked for Wizz Air and that is how you know what they tell you to do or what rules they got? Or is it something you heard other people say? Because from what I heard while speaking with Wizz Air pilots it did not look like that they make you sign a Switzerland deal and you can do the same as LOT and Ryan Air does. That is accept your local company. But I will ask just to know, there is not only Wizz Air that got bases in Poland and for example personally I just somehow feel more for Boeing and also Embraer or Bombardier (CRJ, but I would not be unhappy if LOT offered Q400 as first job) aircraft than Airbus (But I would of course be very happy with Airbus if that was what I was offered when getting an airline job its not the point to start thinking what aircraft you like best or dream of flying).

As for contracts I would always still prefer being employed as a company no matter what kind of job I did because it gives me more freedom and also to do my own taxes. And actually in Poland (and probably many other nations also in western Europe and US) even if you are employed as an employee you can still get fired if you fail at a normal desk job. So failing in a pilot job (where you are responsible for the life of many passengers + ground personnel) should not surprise anyone that the company may decide to fire someone they find out is not up to the job. Just like you wrote about that pilot who failed the ILS and they still gave him a chance (maybe it was as you said a bribe but if you did not see anyone bribing or got it confirmed somehow (its speculation then), then maybe they believed he would get better/learn) but it proved later on he did not train himself up to the job. Imagine the case from the other side of an business owner, if you had an employee who fail at stuff or skip his tasks, or insult other employees etc. itd. you name it, would you like not being able to fire the person even if he did not have responsibility for human life like the pilot? Or the other way around if you were a captain (maybe you are as I said I did not read your 800 previous posts) would you like to have an unfirable copilot in the cockpit who fail doing his tasks all the time and do not learn with time?