PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2019, 20:10
tomuchwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2unlimited

Your last 2 lines say everything. As a RYR pilot(just glancing into the Wizz thread to see how things run in the east, bad, as usual) I can say that I joined RYR AFTER they changed that you had to pay for TR, even interview. Would not have gone for them, was staying with a scrappier operator for 6 years because I REFUSE to pay typeratings. Like they would make a judge pay for the courtroom, or his years in university. No(at least in good old western europe) university is more or less for free(some exceptions exist, agree, but that is a minority). Why would a pilot have to pay for his Typerating? Doing this job already over 25 years, bonding is fine(IF it is not more then 3 years of course), paying is a big NONO.

When I started in aviation it was normal that you would not pay for a TR IF you stick around till the bond expires. Some left earlier, normally they never made you pay(if you worked and left in a decent way, common sense, missing a lot nowadays, agree on that). Then some new generation started, maybe just TO overkeen to be a pilot, maybe lacking really on all required skills, but they still wanted to do it. SO? What they did? Knocking on company doors being already with a TR and still wet behind the ears....

And then it all started. Still remember that you had to pay 150(?) Pounds(Euros?) to even APPLY to Ryanair. Just always laughed when I have seen that. And had my not very nice thoughts about pilots applying there letting their pants down....

What I want to say? EVERY pilot need to think BEFORE even becoming a pilot WHY he/she would do that to him/herself and MORE IMPORTANTLY to their(most likely) more talented collegues which have been able to land jobs without paying for typeratings. Of course the market gets corrupted by "wannebes" and (crappy) airlines are quickly adopting to that new situation by generally saying - "hey, if you want a job you have to take what we offer - pay typerating, application, sometimes even the bloody simulator for the interview".

Now, Ryanair realized that in order to get enough AND good pilots they need to skip that crap. There is still enough that is bad(paying your own uniform, parking, no crewfood, drinks, and and and) BUT at least TR are provided with a bond.

Seems Wizz still manages to survive without that. Good for them(wonder who is desperate enough to go there, was once on one of their interviews in BUD, was not impressed and as they did not offer BUD base(lol) never bothered to waste another thought on them).

About Easy. Well, it IS an UK "culture" they maintaining, so reporting is of course an issue. Not much different with their irish friends in Ryanair. FDM IS the BIGGEST friend of the management. Money, respective "package" is not everything. Or, in this case, go China or AJX, then at least we are talking REAL money and package.

Sorry if to much off topic for being a Wizz thread. But I guess I made my point.

P.S.: FI. Well, IF someone flying close to 900 hours is still crazy enough to crawl into a small tin box and doing even more hours then something might be wrong with him(or he should GA, some guys there do not take duty times and block hour restrictions not OVERLY serious. Was there as well, know what I am writning about). But yes(of course), they do not want you to waste THEIR time(that they are paying you for, do not forget) as a private FI(payed if you are on FR contract which I would strongly suggest).
Ryanair is VERY serious about convincing low time FO into SFI positions(and they teach us how to fly, love that part ^^), so there is a big chance for FO to do that WITHIN the company. Outside, no.

Last edited by tomuchwork; 27th Apr 2019 at 20:21.