PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2019, 20:01
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@2unlimited: It should be relevant to the topic if pilots in Wizz Air or Ryan Air can or can not fly as FI. Pilots in LOT (and only LOT got the wide-body with a base in Poland as an later career option for their pilots but I will also be very happy with Wizz Air or Ryan Air or Enter Air or Sprint Air) can for sure and officially (but most of them do not get close to 900 hours per year) both as FI for SEP, MEP and IR. What I know for sure is that the FI regulation says that you can do 8 hours flight instructing per 24 hours and they are not restricted to 900 hours per year. So maybe those hours as FI do not count for the amount of hours done for the airline. I am pretty sure that is the case but cannot provide a link to the information since google search does not give a clear answer. But I do believe it must be the case because every instructor fill his hours into the log book and I can not believe that such a lot of instructors in the whole country do not know the regulations and that the Flight Schools also do not know about them. I will try to get some more info but its the only possibility I can see that makes any sense, or else some of the expensive flight schools would already "shout out loud" that instructors can not work for airlines while being instructors part time.

As for the profession its still about flying and doing your best for the company I believe. As for your news about Wizz Air I have never ever read about it in any article on the web so I do not know how you got the info that you can just buy yourself a slot as pilot without passing the assessment. From what I have read even the pay to fly companies actually require people to pass an assessment and have certain skill the only thing they pay for is not having to compete with others for the spot in the cockpit but they still have to have a certain skill and knowledge level. So I do not know where you got that info that you can just buy the FO seat at Wizz Air since they are not even having a pay to fly program. As for 1400 euro netto tax free in low cost nation compared with 3500 brutto I pick the low cost every day if a car cost 1/4 the price its still more car per hour than in the high cost nation. Same goes for food, housing etc. itd. Not to mention all the freedoms you get in everyday life like driving on autobahn and not risking jail and ending your career (a pilot who get jail sentence can probably forget to ever be security cleared, and there is only one place on earth where you can get in jail for speeding). But I do really not wish to write more about off topic stuff to not pollute the thread for people who wish to read only about Wizz Air. So I am trying to keep it relevant like salaries and possibility to be FI or not in addition to the job.