PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2019, 18:06
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aviation related stuff: First of all if you (or someone else its nothing personal I do never argument ad personam) paid 150 000 Euro to become a pilot then its that persons and not the systems fault. Cause it is possible to use 100 000 Euro to become a pilot with FI rating and get your very own private aircraft (used of course) included in that price. So maybe using 150 000 Euro is part of the reason why some people feel entitled to fly "the new shiny jet and a red carpet rolled out to them by the airlines". But its not how it works its about the skill, the work to improve yourself and learn all the time. Not getting a loan from "lånekassen" and then feeling entitled to a high salary and big shiny jet cause someone paid twice, triple or quadruple what was necessary to pay to get the licenses and training.

Just recently I read a post in the topic about Ryan Air assessment, where someone complained it was Ryan Air fault that he did not get employed and he used the argument that he finished a fancy expensive school and that people from that school got jobs at legacy carriers so it was almost impossible that he did something wrong it had to be the airlines fault. And the next argument was that other people from the fancy school (did not mention the name of the school) did not get the job at Ryan Air so that had to be the airlines fault....... While maybe the airlines like Ryan Air and Wizz Air actually assess the skill and dedication to flying instead of what school someone finished. I actually believe the airlines prefer when people do not feel "I am entitled to because" but rather are professional and work hard to learn as much as possible and do the best possible job because aviation is their passion not only a job.

As for flying as FI for a flight school and working for an airline well I do not know how it is in UK. But actually in Poland we got part time FIs flying for Ryan Air, LOT, Sprint Air, Enter Air and Wizz Air. And the airlines do not view it as something bad that people got a passion to fly or instruct in their free time. Actually the best FI I have been taught by (actually all of my FIs were great so I was lucky there, but one is really exceptional) is part time FI flying for the airlines normally, but he got a passion for flying and instructing and did not stop doing it after getting an airline job.

PS. Sorry everyone for the off topic part but just had to answer to 2unlimited. Rest of the post is aviation related and maybe some Wizz Air candidates may be interested in possibilities to be employed as a company and that its completely legal in Poland for example.

Last edited by KT1988; 27th Apr 2019 at 19:23.