PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2019, 04:01
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by formulaben
Sorry, I can't interpret your answer. Perhaps you must have misinterpreted my question, so I'll ask it again and this time I'll go slowly and use different words: you seem upset with the re-training procedure; so I will ask again what quantity of training do you suggest is appropriate to reinforce/retrain that one needs to use normal trim to re-trim to an appropriate speed and then use the pitch trim disconnect switches in the event of an MCAS or runaway trim event? What amount of training is appropriate for any other event?
You do understand MCAS is a requirement for flight within certification requirements?

With MCAS disabled (due now to any of a number of reasons) - how is flight within certification requirement limits meet?

Nothing at all to do with any trim event (Important you understand that) but what is flight like outside the certifiable limits?

I will agree there is NO REQUIREMENT for a trim run away - extra training, it is pointless

I do believe that training is required if the aircraft has probable possibility to be flown outside certification limits, but within the approved flight envelope of the aircraft.

Training required is not known by most of us, but only those that have flow MCAS during it's testing. It is reasonable to believe that the difference with MCAS and without MCAS is pretty large, as design used 0.6 degrees as the input but in flight tests 2.5 was required to get the correct feel.