PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2019, 03:48
formulaben

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bend alot
When you kill that MCAS or it has it's once limited "correction" - you are flying an aircraft that can no longer meet the certification requirements that it is approved for!

So say again - it no longer can meet certification requirements in certain flight modes/areas.

So how often do you fly outside certification limits? and how much training did you receive to do that? and was it on an Ipad?

This is not retaining - you have never flown in un-certifiable condition before on a 737 where MACS is required but not available.

Note this has nothing to do with a MCAS run away or trim run away - this is in normal flight when MCAS has been shut down (a number of events can now do this) or had one input and can not now, put in a second input to keep in certification limits..
Sorry, I can't interpret your answer. Perhaps you must have misinterpreted my question, so I'll ask it again and this time I'll go slowly and use different words: you seem upset with the re-training procedure; so I will ask again what quantity of training do you suggest is appropriate to reinforce/retrain that one needs to use normal trim to re-trim to an appropriate speed and then use the pitch trim disconnect switches in the event of an MCAS or runaway trim event? What amount of training is appropriate for any other event?