PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2019, 17:59
brushcounsel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2unlimited
You are talking from extremely selfish view, with no idea of the reality. As you are studying your ATPL theory at the moment, and you believe your dream job, will always be this for you, I can assure you after 12 months with Wizz, your views will have changed 180 degrees.
I have seen multiple guys after working between 6 - 12 months with Wizz, leave aviation, to never return to flying again, both FO's and Captains.
Couldn't have described my Wizz experience more accurately myself. It took only months to completely kill my passion for aviation.

And its perfectly legal according to my bookkeeper, you make a company that deliver transport and instructing(teaching) service. And then you make an invoice and list the block hours for example. It is being used by a lot of people not only pilots, everyone from plumbers to carpenters and its perfectly legal.
Yep, self-employment while working for a single company, clearly on completely their terms of "employment" (or will you be able choose where and when you fly tomorrow?) is very legal. Just because nobody in a f*-up (sorry to say this) Eastern European country cares about this at this very precise moment, it doesn't make it legal. Just as corruption is not legal, although a lot of EEU countries just turn a blind eye to it.

And Wizz Air will give you a document yearly clearly stating that you are employed in Switzerland, the lovely "Meyrin branch" of the company. Try convincing the tax man that you are self-employed entrepreneur then.

And normally you can deduce everything from tax for example buying a phone cause you need a phone to contact potential students as an instructor, a car cause you need to drive to potential renters or customers (students), drive to the airport to do your flying for the airline, PC cause you need to have a program to run your company, etc. itd. + you do not have to do the stuff with the tax man yourself, it cost about 300 PLN per month to have a professional company take care of all the stuff to be done properly and 100 % legally (no risk of taxman on your door).
No wonder you don't like living in Norway, with this kind of tax-evasion attitude. Bribe your way through Wizz Air assessment, claim that Swiss tax is the only thing you have to pay in taxes on this world and agree to a 2-hour discretion after already doing 900-hours a year including lovely night flights (everybody loves a nice KEF or LIS at night, right) for a very generous extra sector from Joe and you'll fit right in.