PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas Air 767 down/Texas
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2019, 07:44
Meester proach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lonewolf_50
Thank you for that. Your response leaves me looking at the "leaked" info and more puzzled than before. The implication of that reported sequence is that once a mistaken hit of that switch, TOGA, the Left Seat pilot became inert, both physically and mentally.
I find that hard to believe, and so am quite keen to read the report when it comes out.
(My last areas of professional concentration before leaving aviation for other jobs was training, crew training, human performance, CRM, and human factors).

(Airbubba: I am in no way impugning your cred as a source - I've found your input to be generally solid over the years ... )
I’m interested as well from the psychology point of view - startle effect etc. There’s very few situations where you have to react immediately .....especially not shoving the nose way down. I’d initially run with the TOGA , once we’d got a grip on the mistake , disconnect AP, AT, select FLCH return to cleared altititude and reengage both. Easy to say though from my couch.You going to have to take an altitude bust , but I’d rather get a kicking for that than overreact.

what would be more illuminating , if this is the scenario, the training and suitability background of the person that made this control inputs .