PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Civilian Vs Military Technical training
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2019, 21:42
Haydn237

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the advice, I've had additional information from a relative who was in the Raf also for 10/12 years I believe too
I've applied for the fast track apprenticeship the Royal Navy's Fleet Air Arm is currently recruiting for, as it is the best balance of work and wages,
although I am waiting for Jet2 to release their apprentice scheme for this year as I have a family friend who is a significant figure within their engineering department who has said he will give me as much support as possible throughout the application process as he can!

Currently awaiting to sit my Psychometric test for the Royal Navy a week on Wednesday, and I've been told from relative that this will still hold me in good stead when trying to find a civilian job as it is still the same qualification achieved during my time there as the RAF offer; Just the experience might not be the same, but that would be up to a potential employer to decide if I am suitable anyway.
In contrast to this I've also been informed the aviation industry are in need of B1/B2 engineers, so hopefully an employer in years to come would still be willing to support my ambition to achieve B1/2 status and hopefully beyond.

Thanks for all the replies so far, and in regards to the BA Cityflyer apprenticeship, I did look before making this thread and I can't really afford an 18k a year drop in wages, otherwise I'd be willing to go for that say straight out of school for example.

Regards