PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2019, 17:04
patplan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by L39 Guy
I think your analysis and continuum of blaming the pilots/Boeing and everyone else harmless to blame Boeing and everyone else/pilots harmless is a nice summary...snipped...

Only 2 of the 3 non-US MCAS incidents saw the pilots recognize the UAS and do something about it.
I'm confused had there been any US MCAS incidents?? Can you at least cite me one case?

Originally Posted by L39 Guy
...And, as it turned out, the crew that did execute the UAS drill were the ones that ultimately saved the aircraft.
I will just concentrate on Lion Air Flight JT610.
How do you know the CAPT on that flight didn't perform UAS NNC? Did you get a hold of the CVR's transcript? We know there wasn't any CVR's transcript on Lion Air JT610 Preliminary Crash Investigation because they still haven't recovered the JT610's CVR at that juncture. The CVR was buried beneath a thick mud of Java Sea for almost 60 days before they finally recovered it. And, no official transcript has been released by the officials thus far.

Furthermore, the crew had been briefed about the malfunctions and the fixes by the MX on the ground, plus there was a log left by the previous crews [Flight JT043] written as:

"Airspeed unreliable and ALT disagree shown after takeoff, STS also running to the
wrong direction, suspected because of speed difference, identified that CAPT instrument
was unreliable and handover control to FO. Continue NNC of Airspeed Unreliable and ALT
disagree
. Decide to continue flying to CGK at FL280, landed safely runway 25L."

Wouldn't you think the first thing flashed on the CAPT's mind should there be trouble with the aircraft is to recall the previous flight's log entry which explained, among other things, the crews' execution of the Airspeed Unreliable NNC and also ALT disagree memory items?