PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How are pilots perceived around the world?
Old 19th Apr 2019, 20:55
The Range

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sholayo
Well,
Most of the stuff I read here is - I am absolutely sure - big exageration.
I do not believe that any pilot pretends among people that he is just bus driver. Unless for fun. I do not believe you have such low self-esteem, and you truly believe people thinks this is a crappy job.
To all those complaining - if being a pilot is such piece of BS, why don't you just work in other area and just fly for fun on weekends? If you love flying but you hate being airline pilot, this is best thing you can do. In a western world at least, someone with university degree, smart, bright, able to take quick decision, able to work under stress and time pressure will easily make ample to not just rent a plane on weekends and afternoons but even to own GA machine like C-172 or something.

As much as I love lurking the forum, I am tired of people complaining about their profession, which is a dream job for 75% of male population of the world. I know it is hard, bot well paid and it hurts your family and personal life. But if so - why did you spent so much money and effort to get there? Why can't you quit and change profession? I assure you that ATP(L) skillset will allow you to be successful and financially stable in project management, engineering and number of other jobs which are much better than the picture of airline pilot you are trying to draw here.
I know you're joking, but checking PPRUNe for years I see same jokes for years. Booooring.

&

PS
You know, I am just jealous
Someone smart and bright wouldn't own a C-172 or something. He/she would rent it.