Thread: Newcastle-9
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2019, 20:33
OltonPete

Rugby

Originally Posted by NorthEasterner View Post
Just seen on the Ryanair booking engine on Ryanair.com that 3 new destinations have been added:

- Cork
- Shannon
- Toulouse

If these routes are coming I'd say starting Winter 2019 (for TLS base opening)

NE
As the previous posts suggests it will be rugby and 10th and 11th May are the dates for both the European finals in Newcastle.

Toulouse is more of hope than definite as they are away at Leinster this weekend but the Challenge Cup Final could be all French with La Rochelle and Clermont at home and favourites against Sale and Harlequins respectively.

BHX has had around 8 or 9 extra flights from Cork and Shannon for the Saracens v Munster semi at the Ricoh in Coventry tomorrow so definitely be good for Newcastle to hope the Irish but on a good show against Sarries tomorrow

For Newcastle to gain a decent amount of extra pax for the final I suggest Munster will be the key, as I think they took 11000 fans to Edinburgh in the quarters. As for the other one Toulouse haven't been in the main final for a few years and might bring a few over but and of course Leinster if they win will ensure several flights but I am not sure if many Clermont or La Rochelle fans will travel for what is the football equivalent to the Europa League final.

Pete