PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK A380 or A320 command really confused
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2019, 08:12
airbuspilot944

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK A380 or A320 command really confused

Hello everyone, posted this in the EK thread couldn’t get a lot of inputs. I need advice from you guys a little confused now. My situation now is:
- Done with 2000+ hours flying 320 now. Currently 24 yo.
- My command will take another year from now to start. Age restriction of 26 yo and 3300 hours.
- Presently as SFO flying 80-90 hours a month here and post command gonna be the same with 4 sectors and 2 sectors flight with layover pattern of 24-48 hours. So flying is hectic here as well, 4 days continous morning then rest and then couple of afternoon followed by morning again.
- I have an opportunity to join EK now. Some people are advising me to get my command here build up atleast 1000 PIC hours and then move to ME and others are suggesting its a good opportunity for me considering my age as nothing can beat the exposure I will get there.
- Money wise as a captain here my take home gonna be 6000USD its lesser than what I can make in EK. Cost of living I am very well aware of as I have stayed in Duabi before for couple of months, I don’t drink so only fun for me will be to go on a drive or for a walk on the beach with my wife.

Considering all these points what do you guys suggest should I really go to EK and get my time on 380 and wait for my command there or take command here build up hours and then go there? Really appreciate your inputs and time and yes, if someone can shed some light on the roster there for 380 FO will be thankful.

QR is taking time to give the joining dates, not sure about it.