PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA going overboard again
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2019, 06:52
MagnumPI

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by SHAGGS
So e-learning is the alternative to an experienced instructor theses days is it? When I mean experienced, I’m referring to an instructor with some commercial experience who has had a few scares in an aircraft, albeit if they are a GR 3.

Real experience and scenario based training will always be the only way that effective flight training can be achieved.

Off topic a wee bit, however I couldn’t resist😀
I'm not suggesting that e-learning is a substitute for real seat time, and I doubt CASA is either. That said, how many pilots get their licence and then don't fly with an instructor except for a BFR...? If you are that sort of pilot, then e-learning is better than no learning.

I know that our beloved regulator falls short in many areas, and I've had my own frustrations dealing with certain CASA departments too. That said, I think you've got to give them some credit for at least trying to engage and educate GA pilots in the community. Have you ever attended any of the AvSafety seminars? I make sure that I go to the one at my local field each year and the content is generally relevant and thought-provoking.