PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Forced Landing at Haywards Bay, Albion Park.
Old 16th Apr 2019, 09:45
Okihara

Location: Currently: A landlocked country with high terrain, otherwise Melbourne, Australia + Washington D.C.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slightly off topic but here's how you do this:
On the first post of the thread (the original), click Edit and then, next to the Save button, click on Go Advanced. This opens a more comprehensive editing page where the title can be altered.

Afterwards come back here and add a new post with:
"Thank you, Okihara, for your constructive contribution which will come in handy. Next time I'll just ask nicely and won't be grumpy."
By the way, I'm sure it's never been your intention to lure people into here with a misleading title but let's agree that many a bloke on PPruNe has done it before, and, for what it's worth, my question was actually not meant all that rhetorically. Where's the line between crash and forced landing? My understanding is that crash implies some loss of control leading to undesired aircraft state resulting in a collision with terrain or water with material damage, injury or loss of life. However a recent case of EFATO in PJE ops near Tooradin has been referred to as both crash and forced landing with some damage due to trees and a fence if I recall. That's why I'm asking: is there an accepted definition of crash that we should be using?

That will change the heading to a Post but I think a thread title can only be changed by a Moderator?

Tail Wheel

Last edited by Okihara; 16th Apr 2019 at 10:01.