PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 13th Apr 2019, 13:27
TOLIP7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Pinuz, I've read everything related to your experience in RYR since your first post and I'm sorry about your experience. However, all experiences in assessments will help you in future assessments.

Originally Posted by Pinuz89
(...)
When I was the PM, my partner asked to bug 170, with flaps in up position. So I said : "Are you sure you don't want 190 ?"
He replied immediately "yes that's correct".
(...)
So for your mate, we now have an objective fact why he maybe didn't get the job: he had the info about the speed for every flap for a long time before the assessment and he didn't know it.
I'm not saying that this is the reason, we all can forget about the most basic things in a stressful situation like an airline assessment, but it's a possibility, in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Pinuz89
(...)
Anyway I'm still having some doubts regarding the selection method.
I'm not talking about myself, let say for instace I'm not a good fit for them, I accept that, but what about all the other guys, with multiple experiences, coming from important schools ?
(...)
It sounds suspicious
Luckily, in Ryanair doens't matter where you come from, but how you are and your knowledge. In my opinion, "coming from important schools" means nothing. You may have the best instructors and/or best means during your formation, but at the end of the day what really makes the difference is you and your own work.

---

I would also like to point something that maybe a lot of people don't take into account (myself included, some time ago). The fact that you have passed the online assessment (including the psychological and personality tests) doesn't mean that they won't take them into account when making the final decision. I have friends working in psychology and they tell me that the tests are a very good way to have an average idea about the personality, but many times those tests are not 100% precise, so an interview can be very helpful in order to determine the type of personality.

I'm not saying that this is Pinuz case, but it's possible that they saw something in the personality tests that they were not sure about and they confirmed it in the interview and assessment. I repeat: I'm not saying that this is your case.

So overall, what I wanted to say is that a selection process is not as simple as we imagine (or want to imagine). The different tests that you make aren't isolated from the others, as they may look.