PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - And the Best A320 Contract in Europe is?
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2019, 15:30
VJW

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Another reason being the ideology that just because you forked out £100k in training you’re suddenly entitled to certain T&C’s. Think it’s safe to say you enjoy exaggerating a bit. To be clear, they didn’t say that was a gross figure and certainly didn’t say it was the top possible earnings on the RHS in Eurowings. They actually said that’s what they ‘start’ on. My gut reaction was that it’s wasn’t too bad to start with and they were only defending Eurowings from an earlier comment. For some reason you’re assuming a lot in the glass half empty direction. Personally having flown for over 10 years of which 6 have been on the left I find the job easy. Ok sometimes it’s windy and icy on landing but planning properly tends to nullify the stress. Continuous training and checking? The handful of sims a year (which I find are beneficial to me more than my employer), a yearly medical and (for me now) a line check every other year is hardly demanding. Let’s be honest on a normal sector- what % of the job is stressing you out?

FWIW if I fly with a FO with 10 years experience now, alarm bells start to ring long before I worry about what they make.

I remember a time my ex was unemployed for a short spell and on the phone with someone regarding her unemployment benefit. When that person asked her how many hours her partner worked a week, she was told that I too could claim unemployment (or jobseekers) benefit. Wouldn’t have been wise to do so while also making a 6 figure salary but hopefully you get the point...

Last edited by VJW; 11th Apr 2019 at 15:43.