PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quality Fly ATPL Integrated
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2019, 18:36
noCB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another student of Quality Fly here.
Granted, I'm a first time poster so take this with a pinch of salt if you are the cynical type. I did however feel compelled to "defend" the school on the back of a random search whilst lurking on the forum.

I've been studying with QF for the past nine months. I've completed 12 of 14 EASA ATPL exams with an average of 96% and have almost 100 flying hours.
Yes, you don't get the same hand holding I imagine you would receive at a 150,000 Euro school. Shocker.

I'm a career changer, able to dedicate 10+ hours a day to studying, seven days a week and determined to get through the training as soon as possible. The school is set up for people with a similar mindset to people like me. Perhaps the marketing department has some work to do so that potential students can understand this method of learning and the level of self commitment you will require.

Being a newer school, of course there were problems but thats a part of the reason the price is so affordable. As it grows, improves and learns, QF is increasing the price. The course that new students receive today is of far higher quality than that which I received myself. Teachers are of higher experience, fleet size has been increasing and the facilities are expanding and upgrading.
The management and teachers have been very open to suggestions and one of mine was that we require standardised practices where all students are treated equally. Earlier batches of students had a much closer relationship with teachers due to the small class sizes, there was a transition phase when new students were joining the ATPL classes whilst the "friends" of the teachers were still doing ground school. This caused friction and resulted in some feeling they weren't being treated fairly. Neither side showed its finest side but complaints were listened to and money was given back to those who left. I can't say wether or not they got a fair price back. That is a subjective, private matter neither side is obliged to share. I myself also felt some students were treated with more leniency than others, this happens in every part of life. Once these students graduated, the school has really pushed to ensure all students are held to the same standards.

Quick overview:
After a couple of months of ground school for the "intro" phase you're flying in the third month whilst doing ground school for 5 hours a day, Mon - Fri. Eight months of ground school with the option to go to SENASA for your official exams whenever you and your CTKI feel you are ready. Work your ass off for 12-15 months and get out into the market. 100% of the graduates so far have jobs flying. No complaints.

You get what you put in and it's definitely not for those who want to be gifted their ATPL licence.