PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2019, 16:47
threemiles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ATC Watcher
As mentioned already , maybe the FAA, but not the Canadians and EASA to name only two, Then the Max will be restricted to domestic US , which is maybe what will happen in the end., as in previous cases, and then possibly a new " Super 737" or even 797 will roll out with some new features , @ la MD-11.
I know of 2 European airlines now that have taken out their stored Max from their Summer schedule altogether, and one is using this as a marketing thing to get their pax back during the Summer.
I am not sure about Air Canada , but I am going to OSH at the end of July and one domestic leg was on a Max, and I was two weeks ago rescheduled on a different flight at a very different time on an A321. So it would seem that also Canada is not expecting to get them flying soon. .
Re-scheduling has nothing to do with "expectations". You have to keep managing the operations about 180 days in advance, i.e. availability of the right aircraft and crew at the right time, feeding the res systems with the right capacity and classes, and so on. The deadlines are different for each airline but 90 days before take-off everything needs to be fixed.
Doing otherwise is gross negligence and you'd have a good chance to never get to OSH.
That means, if the Max fleet is back before, it is just up to daily operations to fuse it in again.