PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sim Checks - Horror Stories?
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2019, 18:52
EIFFS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nick 1
Well this is another Horror Stories , because at my last LPC the TRE refused to let me enter the sim , my medical was due the next days , but his words where that the sim is exactly like the real airplane , you can’t enter it and “ fly “ if your medical is expired.
v interesting stories and sad that some feel the need to bully sim candidates, it really isn’t necessary and achieves only negative training/checking.

The conduct of an LPC is clearly outlined in standards doc 24, many national authorities are very strict on the conduct of tests and especially multiple failures, the bottom line if you feel that the conduct of the LPC was genuinely was unfair then you are fully entitled to submit a formal complaint, any physical abuse, touching, gender humiliation will all most certainly result in the suspension of authority to conduct tests, remember the examiner is aurthorised by the national authority and NOT the company, so a compliant to authority will lead to a company/authority investigation.

I would suggest that all pilots read standard doc 24 ( all EU authorities use basically the same document) the CAA (UK) are the lead authority and much of standards around the world are based on their expertise.

That things go go wrong with rostering/ crew mix is inevitable when dealing with sim planning and sometime the instructor/examiner is messed around every bit as much the guys/girls in the front.

Remember the evexaminer doesn’t fail you....you and I mean you should only fail if YOU fail to reach the required standard to excercise the privileges of your licence.

Most larger companies will have at least one “arsehole” and I’ve known people go sick rather than be checked by them, in pilot training management we see this trend very quickly, but we can’t act unless we get complaints, we can’t exactly go to said TRE and ask why pilots go sick rather than be checked with them, we should not interfere with their judgement, for that is a slippery slope, again remember the TRE authorisation is from the authority not the company.