PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2019, 14:51
Albino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SamYeager
It seems clear from the posts of various experienced 737 pilots that both sets of pilots messed up, didn't follow clear NNCs and are therefore solely and exclusively responsible for tarring Boeing's reputation and causing such unnecessary alarm that the 737 MAX was grounded.
I disagree....

Boeing ARE responsible for a poorly designed system, I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't feel the MCAS should not have been certified, allowed to work from a single sensor or able to make the level of input that it does.

Where the difference of opinion lies is that Boeing are solely responsible, particularly for the Ethiopian crash. Their press release stated that all procedures were followed and press around the world are stating as fact that this was completely the fault of the aircraft.

Looking at the information released it is hard to agree. Procedures were not followed. Control of the aircraft was not maintained. The crew had direct control over the stabilizer (apart from when the cutouts were used) at all times. Flying the aircraft is the most basic aspect of our job and the most important.

My final post on this topic.