PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bankruptcy in Hong Kong
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2019, 12:25
8 Head In The Clouds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MadMajor
If you owe money to IRD/HK Gov, then sure you will be detained and not allowed to leave until repaying. However if money is owed to banks, I don't believe you would be detained on arrival as this is not something Immigration concerns themselves with (of course if you have some sort of court hearing that you are required to attend but skip it, then probably immigration will be alerted if you try to enter/exit HK).
Thanks for the input. It’s one bank loan. When I left HK I paid all my outstanding taxes etc. Paid out 2 other credit cards (one that the ex maxed out on before I knew of her intention to bail). But this big personal bank loan was one I could not pay. I tried to keep it up, but with the divorce etc I could not come up with almost 11,000 HKD per month.

I did try make a new repayment plan but as mentioned in original post it was ‘cannot’! Plus they were insisting I come in person to try negotiate things and sign documents. FedEx would not do. It was a nightmare.

There is a hearing in a few months for the discharging of the debt. The ORO is trying to object the debt be discharged.

I hope it is discharged. Fingers crossed.