PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Baltic Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2019, 11:03
uberfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think nothing changed so far since October 2018. BAA has around 200-250 enrolled students but they have only 4 VFR and 5 IFR instructors where 2 of them is teaching only ME/IR (plus some part time FI comes and go for couple of days a month). I wonder IF they do anything to fix this situation because it doesn't look so. Again students lost contact with BAA and they are not informed about anything, they are all left in the dark. They just pray to be scheduled and hoping to finish. They don't even expect to receive simple service because they lost their hope about BAA. Only information provided with students is how many total hours flown in VFR, IFR and ME per month. It is total mess in terms of organization and planning. New AIP was published therefore charts has changed but BAA was not even aware of that students have to solve this problem themselves. It is never flown in the morning all flight are scheduled in the afternoon therefore students depart IFR but have to land VFR for their IFR training. Multi engines are back but their maintenance takes 1 week, this means they fly 1 week and they are off in hangar for a week. With this performance, bottle neck for each phase of the training narrowing down so waiting time for it getting longer and longer.

On average students could fly 4-5 hours per week. Students invited to start certain phase of training but they could only do their first flight in 2 weeks. There are many more to write down here but I hope someone who has more clear insight about the situation could support.

Students just need information, explanation and the service they are paid for. You have to give them this otherwise you will create bunch of unsatisfied people.