PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Australian Coat of Arms and casa
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2019, 05:41
thorn bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always thought CAsA was a wholly government owned corporation. They did that to separate the government from any responsibility for the actions of CAsA. Also to enable them to pay themselves way above industry standards while retaining public servants perks.
Seems they are part of government when it suits, then a corporation when it doesn't. Just an idea, but couldn't we push for a listing on the stock exchange. We could all buy shares, vote the board and chairman out of office and get some people in who could manage for real......okay a girl can dream and I'm well aware you cannot turn a frog into a prince with a Kiss, I know because I've kissed a few frogs in my time.

I don't thing using the Coat of Arms for nefarious purposes is new. I've seen a few documents with commonwealth letter head used by the operators of a secondary airport to write their own EPA approval justifying the closure of a runway contrary to their lease, and dump a few million tonnes of asbestos contaminated fill on a flood plain to build a DFO complex, placed nicely where an Essendon event would definitely be a possibility.

It's amazing what political donations can achieve, and the best part, by the time the cancer clusters start showing up downstream those responsible will be long gone.