PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2019, 01:27
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts
A ghostly ring in the Aviation VOICE article comparing the sales of Airbus and Boeing. I read the link with an increasing sense of our blindness when we try to look into the future.
“Basic market forces are likely to reduce Airbus’s advantage eventually, but it is difficult to imagine a scenario that would cause a shift toward Boeing’s stated goal of a 50/50 balance.”
https://aviationvoice.com/airbus-a32...-201602121522/

abdunbar #3492 Super post. Ethiopian airliner down in Africa

My generation needed to be encouraged to embrace auto flight as it matured. We were spring loaded to dump it and manually fly if we got behind. As the years moved on we started to have new/younger pilots whose only experience was systems, auto flight and flight management computers that could handle all phases of flight except initial takeoff. We were encouraged to use these systems fully to reduce workload.
I recall being incensed on behalf of younger pilots about the policy of forbidding crews to hand fly. The main reason given was passenger comfort.

MemberBerry #3497

And having in mind that the current version of MCAS will re-activate in 5 seconds, it should also tell you to use the cutoff switches as soon as possible after you bring the trim to neutral, in under 5 seconds after your last electric trim use.
Can we safely assume that this five seconds starts upon resetting the Stab cut-out switches? The delay might only apply after thumb switch use.