PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying to France - Fontainbleau
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2019, 19:45
PelicanSquawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying to France - Fontainbleau

Hi all,

I am planning to fly to Fontainebleau just to the south of Paris. Having looked at the various custom options, I think I may as well stop off in Calais/LFAT to show my passport before flying on. My plan then would be to fly to a small airfiled called "Moret Episy", which has A/A radion only. I did consider, and want to fly to Melun Villaroche, but I can't find any details of landing fees etc on it any where online.

So I have a couple of questions:

1. I understand I must stop at a customs airport on the way into France, but is this the same case on my return to the UK? Or could I just fly direct from the non radio airfield?
2. How can I see from the Visiual approach chart (Civil aip) if it is PPR or not, is there anything else to look out for?
3. Is it terrible etiquette to use English on the A/A radio?
4. Are the plates on sky demon, or basically the French AIP charts OK to use, or should I be buying the equivalent of a flight guide for France?
5. Is there anything else I should look out for on the approach plates, or indeed

And lastly, has any one flown to Melun Villeroche? If so I would appreciate some pointer where to get some information on landing fees etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.

PS