PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 6th Apr 2019, 15:36
meleagertoo

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike Flynn
I have found all the info I was looking for on Dave Henderson and he is without doubt a very experienced long distance ferry pilot.

While not wishing to cast any aspersions on Henderson I think your confidence in experienced ferry pilots may be somewhat misplaced.
Ferrying, especially in singles, is a pretty high-risk business and right out on the edge of what most aviation safety thinking considers acceptable and in many cases goes way beyond that. Ferry pilots are by nature chancers, risk takers. That is as necessary for their job as it is in a fighter pilot, but are most definately not desireable traits in public transport operation.

That's not to say they can't operate public transport safely, just a pointer towards a ferry pilot's inclination with regard to risk compared to the norm.

Why on earth would anyone choose a ferrry pilot to fly their pax when there are so many experianced air-taxi pilots out there?