PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2019, 13:25
Adola69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr Apron Chaos ?

Looking on today from the OUTSIDE, it appeared to be chaotic for aircraft getting to or awaiting for stands. I saw Air Transat, TAP, Singapore, Lufthansa, SAS, waiting in excess of 15mins on taxiways. I do hope the airlines claim compensation for making the outbound flight late and the wastage of fuel. (so much for lessening carbon emissions).

Yet another example of MA's policy of Make Do. Before ANY of this re-development work started, they should have constructed spare apron space, so that as Terminal stands were de-commissioned for terminal work,
they had somewhere to park aircraft out of the way so as not to interfere with scheduled traffic movements. The old Hangar space near the Romper is an ideal spot. Both of those should have been flattened years ago, as they almost were ready to fall down by themselves.

As for the terminal extension, the new finger from T2 to the new pier looks very cheap and nasty. Perhaps constructed to align with that crap piece of construction that gets you from T1 lounge to pier B past the old Idlex tower, which has just about room for two people side by side.

How Emirates must laugh at such a piece of inept access. I've seen wider corridors in Olympic house.

MA are devoid of any Imagination or of producing a first class product anymore, it's always appears to be cheap cheap cheap. "Build it and they will come". " Build it cheaply and watch them leave "

I wonder how long it'll take the MA police to take this comment off the thread?

Much love,

Adola.