PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Exams under Polish CAA
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2019, 09:57
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a little feedback about the new system of reservations, I went on Tuesday for my 5th exam radio navigation. I was there about 10:00 and got place 54 on the without reservation list. Got in for my exam before 13:00, as for the exam itself I was extremly lucky to get about 80 % questions from the question bank so it ended with 95,59 % and the chance of over 90 % average is still there for me (at least before doing principles of flight, performance etc.). As for other exams I was doing General Navigation in March and the only problem was little time due to the system freezing and having to get the charts printed (the pre printed ones were not asked about) passed it with only 85 % but had to just click the last questions and did not have luck on my side.

If you are training for general navi well then remembering everything from the questionbank is not the good way. Its good to remember stuff like the question where EASA wants you to answer that the sun is going around the earth (its against logic and even knowing what they want you to answer you feel like its wrong) but the calculations should be learned its much, much, much easier than remembering numbers for 1000 questions and you will pass no matter what they ask about if you know how to calculate it. As for planning I planned it for May so I can not say much about it.

Tomorrow I will go for Instruments its a day without reservation so I am afraid the queue may be longer than on days with reservations. Cause until now both days with reservations were the ones with easiest access and no need to stand in a queue after you write down your name you can just sit down and click retrain some tricky questions on the phone while waiting. Or just relax and try to remove excessive stress since it worsens performance as we know from human performance exam

PS. Some more feedback: On the day without reservation I got there like 10:30 it was only a very short queue for the exam so it went smoothly no more than 1 hour waiting. As for the Instrumentation exam the amount of known questions was still decent around 70-75 % questions from question banks. And not a single one of the strange (outside of syllabus or with confusing text) questions from Aviation Exam that were supposed to be retired so maybe the CAA really removed them (funny thing is that most people still learn them just in case). Result I got was 90 % (so the dream of over 90 % average is still alive). One of the different/new questions was strange since it was an RA red square at the same level without any arrows indicating any movement of it so I answered according to the attachment..... and it was wrong I dunno why since they did not inform what is the correct answer. But I did not bother to do anything since pass is pass and I can live with 90 %

Last edited by KT1988; 4th Apr 2019 at 16:33.