PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 3rd Apr 2019, 08:12
Pittsextra

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I see the general point but an argument that simply links hours flown to income is far too crude because it overlooks other relationships that allow poorer individuals to fly way beyond that model.

However even if we accept the basics of your proposition i would never open up my financials in the way you suggest it is totally unacceptable anyway and that is before you expand the argument to the ability of the CAA to manage that data well or the qualifications of the people working at that organisation to be trusted to have visibility of such information.

Then it over looks the lottery winners, children with a large trust fund, bank robbers, drug dealers, people trafficers or those good at gambling. Some of those activities might be distasteful but that isnt the business of aviation.

Yet how would it catch those flying conmercially?? Your logbook shows 900hrs you show bank account A with appropriate income from what? You could tell CAA enforcement it was from drug dealing and what are they going to do? whilst bank account B is all the money you get paid by clients for flying them around.

as has been said there is already adequate rules they just need the authority to enforce them.