PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Be aware of Korean air
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2019, 04:46
dbrown76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tomuchwork
Well, it is Korea for gods sake. Of COURSE they are complicated, of course they do not like expats. But the expats actually safe their ass because they cant by themself as their culture does not allow them to be proper pilots. Korean in a nutshell.

Tried a very long time ago to join their outfit, thanks god they did not accept my application back in 2010. Had tons of hours on a A300-600 in command, their only reply was "he has no experience of any significance to our operation". Was upset a bit back then but I learned that it was most likely very good for me not being accepted. Very strange culture and airline. No wonder about their accident record.

From current posts - they are still searching right now? My god. A country like south Korea is not able to fill the slots of it's own lousy airline with own people speaks a very clear language. This is ongoing now for at least 10 years.

More and more glad to stick with my crappy european low cost operator before dealing with this mungos. Especially - what are they paying to a skipper this days in Korean? And this for 8 days off?
Yeah, you don't have a chip on your shoulder or anything...