PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One of Russia's richest women killedin private aircraft in Germany
Old 1st Apr 2019, 21:23
punkalouver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by bsieker
The whole runway is just 0.76 NM, and there is no displaced threshold for landing 08, so the whole runway is available. And if you extend the runway to the left by the same amount again (yellow bar, still less than 0.8 NM), you end up at the turn to crosswind for departing aircraft, the dashed line with the arrowhead at the bottom, which goes in southerly direction on the western side of the motorway.

If you mark the final (orange bar) for the arriving traffic, going on the eastern side of the motorway, and copy that mark to the scale at the bottom of the chart, you see that it is only 0.4 NM.

Yes, I know that the Epic didn't fly the red dotted path, and I didn't write that it had. How would I plot a path that nobody knows? I clearly wrote that the red dotted path is the only permitted approach to 08 for turbine aircraft. It is the path it should have flown:
Bernd
To ensure some clarity, this approach route is on the visual operations chart and is flown by piston engine aircraft under VFR. I have never flown a turbine aircraft at this airport and am unsure of what they or piston aircraft do under VFR or IFR procedures although I assume they follow the same riute when VFR. The reason for the close in base leg is due to airspace for Frankfurt international.