PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WOW Airlines
Thread: WOW Airlines
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2019, 14:43
Krugerpark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reality check 2

Hi all,

The following was discussed on a board meeting this morning.

We've been getting a lot of questions why ÍFF is not helping members out financially. Here's a little reality check.

ÍFF is little more than 4 years old with less than 200 members and that's only the last year. We started out as 15 members.

AND U ENDED UP WITH OVER 200 MEMBERS , MOST OF THEM EXPATH, LURED TO FORCIBLY SIGN A LOCAL CONTRACT AND SWAP TO LOCAL LICENCE, WITHOUT NEVER BEING REALLY REPRESENTED: IT WILL SUFFICE JUST REMEMBERING THE FOREIGN EXPERTS TAX DEDUCTIONS THAT IFF SO FIERCELY OPPOSED.

Do the math!

YEP: WE DID THE MATH ALL RIGTH!

In other words we are a micro union but with a big heart.

A BIG HEART, FOR SURE : NOT QUITE SURE HOW SOUTH IN YOUR BODY IS LOCATED.

We have obligations towards members with regards to the Health and Sick Fund and claiming your unpaid salaries. For that we have to pay our lawyer a fee.

I HOPE WE WILL SEE LAWYER INVOICES AND BANK TRANSFER RECEIPTS*TO THE UNLUCKY FELLOW PILOTS WHO ARE IN NEED.

We also have to pay Guðrún Birna her salary plus a lot of other expenses.

I FEEL FOR YOUR SECRETARY: BUT HOW IS HER SALARY A PRIORITY OVER MINE???

WHICH OTHER EXPENSES??? YOUR BEER? YOUR DINNERS? YOUR SUMMER*HOUSES? CAN WE SEE A BALANCE SHEET OF WHERE OUR MONEY ARE??

We are doing our best to gather information on jobs out there and setting up roadshows like today's show with Parc.

DOES THAT COST MONEY??

We are also offering our facilities to former ÍFF members that were WOW air management staff like Reynald, who is signing logbooks and Davíð that will be handing out the training documents.

AWESOME: SHALL WE GIVE THEM A SALARY? AGAIN THEY ARE GREAT: thank you!!!! IS THAT A COST? DO THEY GET PAID? IN THAT CASE I VOLUNTEER TO COME AS WELL AND I WITHDRAW MY THANKS!

Needless to say our funds are not as big as the other union's like VR and FFÍ.

NO ****!!!!

You've probably heard that VR is paying some salary for their members and FFÍ is assessing their situation. We are not in ASÍ (the big collective Labour Union) and we can not afford to take a loan to pay you the amount of the claim beforehand. In other words we can not pay you any salary due to size of our funds.

WOW: SILLY ME: I JUST BOOKED A RESORT IN BALI FOR ONE MONTH!!!

ÍFF will remain operative until **** storm is over!

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!

Best regards and good luck with the job hunt,

The Board and alternates.

Last edited by Krugerpark; 1st Apr 2019 at 14:55.