PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Baltic Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2019, 22:47
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FBW390 Tried to write a private message to you but the system did not want to send it. So I will write here instead:

Since you asked for a advice, there are many good schools in Poland. The most known one is Bartolini, but they got some waiting time to begin the training (I do not know if students have to wait long for slots or not after the training start) and cost a bit more than the other schools in Poland. The school I am attending is Goldwings Flight Academy and I am very satisfied with the school. The only unsatisfied person I saw during my stay was a foreign student who did not put a big effort in his PPL(A) training (did not pass exams at ULC for the first license which can be passed all 9 in one sitting in 2 hours (at least I did it that way)) and he demanded to fly solo cross country after flying with the best and most patient instructor (who lets you do really many mistakes and never gets angry no matter how much you fail, and instructing is a passion for him since he keeps doing it part time after he became FO in Sprint Air) and almost landing outside the runway at a grass airport in Kikity (the instructor had to save it and really waited until the last moment. I saw it from an AT-3 waiting to line up, others saw it from the terrace of the hotel) where we went on a 5 day trip when EPBC was closed. The school did what it could to help him like giving him the best (according to me the best) instructor and taking him in a small group that went to Kikity for those 5 days since he wanted intensive training. After the episode the student went almost mad that the school does not let him fly alone and the instructor corrects him.... "sadly" for him the school did not let him fly alone on the more demanding grass airfield (EPBC got much traffic but its much more easy airfield) and crash the plane.

Everyone else as far as I know was very satisfied with the school even those few students who were a little unhappy after questioning from our CFI before solo flights or after failing internal flight exam before solo flight. The owner and CFI of the school does practical theory checks on the students who fly on their first solo pattern and first solo cross country to be sure that they have the basic knowledge. Its not a school where you can just know nothing and pass the exercises.

As for the prices a naked 0-fATPL with CPL and IR/ME can be done for like 37000 - 38000 Euro and if you want it with MCC/JOC and FI rating then it cost about 48000 Euro with job guarantee as a FI (including a salary per block hour, the salary have to be negotiated personally with the school.) (ofc. you have to pass the exercises, exams etc. itd.) The school is also waiting for a program with Nordica job guarantee in the airlines, in the beginning the program is planned to be available to students at the school who already got PPL(A). I do not know more about it yet but I am very curious about it myself. (Prices are subject to change, what I tell are the prices I got, since more and more people wish to do the training in Poland they can rise)

Feel free to contact me on facebook (Krzysztof Thor) and I can also give you contact to the owner of the school if your friend plan to visit the place and see if he like it.

PS. The price is for standard hours it means that if your friend does not ace the PPL(A) then he will have to use more than the 45 hours of mandatory training. Most people use like 50 up to 60 hours (I did 52 including mandatory solo flights before PPL(A) exam). Those extra hours cost extra 125 euro per hour since its with instructor. The same apply if you fail the exercises in MEP(L) or IR/ME its most costly since DA-42 is like 1500 PLN per hour (about 345 Euro). But its better to learn the stuff well at the school than fail at the official exam or at airline interview I believe.

P.PS: Just so you know I own a Cessna 172 that fly for the school since October 2018. So just tell your friend to also ask other students at the school. As for me I have such a strong belief in the school and its future that after getting my first PPL(A) licence I decided to invest in my own aircraft to be part of it not only as a student and future FI.