PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2019, 18:26
Boeing 7E7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RexBanner
In contrast there are guys commuting from outside of 60 minutes of Heathrow residing in a more tax friendly regime on Long Haul 75% Part Time living the absolute life doing (due to a mixture of part time weeks and leave) an average of two trips a month every other month and taking home as much as their full time counterparts living in the UK. Granted these guys are (occasionally) having to spend additional nights in the UK pre duty post the Staff Travel Audit - but not a significant amount - and it’s a relatively unique position in which to be in but let’s not pretend it’s not still possible to make BA work for you.

If if you’re happy with the monotony (just my opinion, horses for courses etc) of doing multiple sector days day in day out for the rest of a 30+ year career then fill your boots, easyJet is a fantastic airline to work for I’d never argue that. I’ve been there and done it. However if you want many varied directions in which to take your career, many of which are not available in the land of orange, then BA is (despite all its flaws and there are many) the best show in town.

(I appreciate the lack of coherence that because a small minority of the workforce can have it spectacularly good so that’s a convincing argument for the majority to join. However it’s really just to highlight BA is a place where you can make it work for you, more so than any other airline).
Hear hear, tax avoidance at its best. Paying tax is for plebs. Or something like that.