PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 31st Mar 2019, 17:49
Chronus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan Winterland

Now that this has occurred, we can expect something to be done. Whatever defence the grey charter operators offer, I suspect it will not withstand the onslaught of a private action headed by one of the UK's foremost QCs.
"" GREY CHARTER OPERATOR" It is this falsity that has given rise and a common acceptance that similar to many branded goods traded under this term that such services as aircraft charters are not fakes, not illegal but cheaper than the branded goods or services. I do not consider this term acceptable to describe and convey the correct sense of what it really it is. In my view the whole thing is an illegal operation and everyone who has been involved in it should face prosecution. The law needs to be strengthened to deter all those so involved, starting with the owner of the aircraft, ending with the pilot and all those in between who have been part of the whole chain. That will put an end to it once and for all.