PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Quick "poll" if you have a moment. Much appreciated
Old 31st Mar 2019, 02:12
Sandy Reith

Received 77 Likes on 36 Posts
How well does anyone know the criminal code?

Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
I'm wondering if perhaps the reality is 80%+ of pilots would have little to no involvement or familiarity with the Act, CASR, MOS etc.since gaining their licence, and instead their daily Bible is the AIP suite or Jepps.

I know the only time I looked at CASR in about the last 5 years was when there was a thread here about drones and Part 101.
In the same vein most people have no cause to know the criminal code or all the remainder of the whole body of law. Cap’nM is quite right, you learn the basics and expect to stay within the law by behaving in a responsible manner. Flying or otherwise. Changing attitudes and changing practices for betterment can meet resistance but if properly explained and with education then we can maintain a happy and productive society. Unfortunately CASA has seen fit to continually push well past the practical, prudent, safe or efficient means to accomplish the aims of the Act. This flies in the face of the reasonable aspirations and freedoms we expect to enjoy as Australians.

This is the message that that must be conveyed to our MPs.