PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 28th Mar 2019, 20:08
bananaman2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tony the jesus
I would like to have the same information.
very good for First Officers, good for Capt’s as well depending on who you speak too (you can’t please everyone... some prefer good destinations, some days Off, some don’t like Freighter, some want low hours, some high etc).

For FO (my job)... for many months now, roster has been between 45-65 for a full months flying (i.e no Leave), for a month with Leave, expect lower. Days Off have been good which is what interests me - can always get a block of 6... some very occasionally getting 2 blocks, with a total of between 9-14 days Off in the month. Some actually are complaining as they want higher flying time for more money. It’s not the best fleet for destinations but we’ve got some decent ones at the moment e.g Bangkok, Kiev, Warsaw, Venice, Penang, KL (the less desirable ones being to China, India, Pakistan and Bangladesh - all subjective of course). We do Freighter... which can be hit and miss (Deadheading, delays etc) and provides more destinations. Most trips are generally layover - i’m doing about 1 turnaround per month.