PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian airliner down in Africa
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2019, 09:09
armchairpilot94116

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love Boeing and their jets. But I feel Boeing let the people on those two planes down. In the very worst possible way. Not advising and training on a feature that can (and did) prove deadly and very quickly. Especially if it is thought that airline pilots that are not American are less trained and less able. If that is indeed so or even suspected to be so, then it is even more so the supplier of the aircraft's duty to train them to operate the aircraft in a safe manner. The airplane manufacturer should, indeed must provide (more than) adequate supervision and after sales training ( both flying and maintenance) for the proper use of their product. At least that is what I feel.

If you supply nuclear reactors to a client you (the maker) should be at least morally responsible to provide adequate training in its operation.

You sell hundreds of the latest jets to a client, you should and indeed must provide training in their operation and maintenance to a proper level.
The client should not be allowed to 'wing it' so to speak. But that is what Boeing and Airbus do . This methodology should change.

Again my one penny.

Last edited by armchairpilot94116; 27th Mar 2019 at 09:24.