PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737 Max Software Fixes Due to Lion Air Crash Delayed
Old 26th Mar 2019, 09:19
Dark Knight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Add a third AOA with a different software programme for both any you have solved the issue of how to make a poor aircraft design at least flyable.

I can see a lot of companies cancelling their options on this flying pig.
Over the yeas many, many aircraft had problems, B707, B727, B747, L1011, Dc10, MD11, A320, and others in the Airbus family where all is controlled by Flight Control Laws (some of which many of us consider highly suspect)
As I understand it, the fighters of today are generally unstable, all flown by computers making 100s, if not 1,00s of successful flights every day. It is suggested in the flight where an F18 lost a considerable part of its wing and landed safely this was in a large part due to the fact the computer didn't know part of the wing was missing putting in inputs compensating for the flight parameters it was sensing.

The B737 aircraft as do all others of the Boeing family have an enviable record, similar problems have occured in the past, and no doubt will in the future, a fix will be implemented returning this aircraft to continue operating safely .

I like many others await the outcome of the investigation and report particularly the Flight Standards Department of the airlines concerned; the training, capabilities of the individual flight crew

I suggest before biased, puerile commenting, awaiting the outcome of the investigation and report is is well and truly in order including some professional, qualified, knowledgeable thinking