PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic
Thread: Virgin Atlantic
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2019, 22:13
andrewn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 116d
The Economy seats in the rear half of the bubble on the 747 are sold as Economy Delight seats along with a number of seats in the main cabin. I am 6ft tall and the legroom does make a difference having sat up there coming back from JFK 3 months ago and downstairs on the way out, plus the bubble has a more quiet, intimate atmosphere and there's storage bins at the side in between the windows and the window seat (the overhead bins are there as well, but are slightly smaller than downstairs). As the front half of the bubble is also PE, you will be let off the aircraft before the rest of the Economy cabin which will be just what you need when you land at MCO to avoid the immigration queues.

If you can, make sure your Delight seats are in the bubble. Although if you can wangle an upgrade to PE, you won't be disappointed.

That's right about the water parks. I know that during the winter months Disney closes one of them at a time for annual maintenance (they call it "rehabilitation"), but best to check beforehand which one will be open as they don't close them in the same order every year. I saw why in March 2016 as Blizzard Beach was open whilst Typhoon Lagoon was closed and, maintenance aside, it wasn't that busy - mind you it was a weekday. In the previous couple of years before, Blizzard Beach was closed at that time.

Anyway, back on topic...enjoy the 747 experience!
No Econ Delight bubble seats on our 744s unfortunately, ended up on rows 40/41/42, right in the middle of the big wing, which restricted viewing somewhat. But it was definitely worth paying a little extra for the legroom, in my opinion. Being pretty much in the middle of the jet meant that you always waited until last for the drinks / meal services, and some meals had "sold out" by the time they reached us, which was a little annoying and seems odd given Econ Delight pax had paid the extra. And the IFE was showing its age, with poor touch screens, broken USBs and rubbish headsets!

Other than that nothing but good things to say about VS and the 744 - both flights ran either to time or early, cabin crew were great, the 744 was fantastic to fly on - still the queen of the skies, despite both our planes being circa 20yrs young! And the flightcrew were happy to show the kids round the cockpit on landing in MCO - always a nice touch, and very much appreciated.