PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Be aware of Korean air
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2019, 01:38
Dogsofwar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DALTA
I am not sure to understand what you mean, do you mean that even guys already type rated on the aircraft they are supposed to fly, will also do training for 5 months ? What are they doing for all this time ? I probably missed something somewhere !

Anyone have an idea of the 737 roster ? how many 4 sectors day per month ?

Thank you !
What he means is you can expect to do a full course if you join KE. The regulator, MOLIT sets the requirements for expat courses and Korean air follow them to the letter, this means full ground course, crm, cbt, performance, dangerous goods, safety and security, fixed base and full motion sims blah blah blah and they will fill up the time, although at present course times on other fleets have been around the four month mark, you will not get home during that time but you can ask for an observation flight to you home city if it’s on there network and you may get lucky, that being said a recent 777 Capt did manage to get a home visit during training but I believe it was due to the fact that no checker was available for the release check for a period of time so permission was granted.
Word is that the requirement for a MOLIT examiner to be in the flight deck for line release check has been lifted and it is now being done in-house, it remains to be seen if that will be a good thing or not with many a candidate being passed by the examiner when the company LCP had wanted to fail them.
KE have just hired some 200 candidates directly from the airforce alone with a bunch of etihad 330 guys on secondment which will certainly increase pressure on the training department so one would expect course time to remain high.