PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Convert FAA license to TCCA(Canada)
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2019, 09:22
YANGTSUNGHSUAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Convert FAA license to TCCA(Canada)

Hello Everyone:

I’m YANG. I got my FAA CPL with multi engine land and instrument rating in U.S. recently.
I don't have CPL with single engine land. (I have several Commercial pilot training hours in single engine land)
I plan to convert my license to Canadian license and get the instructor rating there.

Here is things I read: (I meet all requirements.)
  • Transport Canada AC 401-001 6.2. In this section, the requirements in this section only said “Must hold a FAA Commercial airman certificate with airplane category and class rating(s)”.
  • CAR 421.69 Flight instructor rating Class 4 Aeroplane requirements, it said what I need is total flight time 200 hours and instrument time 20 hours.
I already sent the email to several schools. I got two answers.
  1. The first one said I can only convert to PPL with multi engine and instrument rating if I don't have any single engine training associated with my CPL. Given the amount of flight time I have, it shouldn’t be too difficult for me to obtain a TCCA CPL with the associated training.
  2. The other said If you did not have single engine IFR, then the conversion is only for Multi-Engine IFR. As for instructor rating course, we do not require Single Engine IFR. It’s just that when teaching students IFR, you can only teach them Multi-IFR rating.
My question is if I successfully convert CPL with multi engine and instrument rating, do I need additional training about CPL with single engine ? TCCA CPL is typically single engine.
According to the second school said, if I get the instructor rating, can I teach PPL(single engine VFR)?

Thanks.