PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737 Max Software Fixes Due to Lion Air Crash Delayed
Old 24th Mar 2019, 00:24
diclemeg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read article on MSN that Boeing in a few weeks will release their fix... I cannot link the article here, as I am new... but it doesn't fully seem like the right thing to do... here is the snippet

Among other changes, the revised software would rely on two “angle of attack” sensors, rather than one, to measure the upward or downward angle of the wings and nose in flight. If two sensors send data differing by five degrees or more, MCAS wouldn’t activate at all, according to the officials briefed
Shouldn't there be triple redundancy ? Ok.. Boeing won't pay for that.. next... According to the release, the pilots will have the ability to switch off MCAS now... how about also giving them the option to switch to the second AOA sensor ? If not, seems to me the next incident will be a stall, when the MCAS didn't activate due to one faulty sensor, and the pilots stalling due to the aerodynamic flaw.... I'm interested to hear what a 737 pilot thinks of my words here..... thanks...