PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Transfer of CAA Class 1 to Austro Control, Austria
Old 22nd Mar 2019, 11:21
sethgecko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transfer of CAA Class 1 to Austro Control, Austria

I was sure there was already a thread on this but I could not find it.

Has anyone recently been through the process to transfer their CAA Class 1 to Austro Control, Austria?

I recently applied for my CAA Class 1, had 2 deferrals (cardiologist and psychiatrist) both reports came back fine and my CLASS 1 application has been sent by my AME to the CAA for a decision.

My flight school were concerned about the 29th March brexit date and wether it would even be possible to complete such a transfer post brexit, this set of alarm bells as you can imagine. At time of writing it looks there will certainly be a 2 week extension to brexit and if MP's vote on the deal I think it is May 29th? Therefore it would appear that I have some time on my side to get this transfer completed.

If you have been through the same process did you have any issues or was it quite straight forward? Just trying to head off any potential obstacles that would incur delay.

Here is the form : <unable to post as i don't have 10 posts!> it's on the austro control dot at website

It states that Page 2 to be filled by the Medical Assessor of the current Authority. I wonder if that is the AME or the CAA?

I will liase with my AME on this but keen to hear of anyone else's experience with this process.

Thank you