PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Airways-2
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2019, 08:28
humbersidemotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EGPO
Can anyway please explain why Eastern with its base at HUY , which itself is a good hour from DSA , similar to DSA-EMA, SO it has a reasonable catchment area that slice up the east coast of Yorkshire, but probably overlapping DSA. still all the same, Hull , much of the nirth and northeast lincs , areas either side of the Humber and perhaps down as far as Skegness . So a scattered but still enough potential customers.

Good road links , if not mistaken there is a railway line like at Doncaster close to the runway ( so I'm told) - not seem personally.
But if so , potential airport station.

So why no new Routes and that Terminal has not seen any changes in interior offerings , facilities b, for years .

I understand it's big customer is and are the oil flights (!side question , do they run thevATR direct from Huy to Scatsa? Or Norwich - Scatsa? .

I recall when I first lived in North lincs , they had Ryanair I could swear it was a base if memory serves, I think they served Dublin and Alicante?.

But why no growth to bring in revenue to please the shareholders .
And why no pressure from Northlincs council who I thought did at one point have a stake in HUY.

I ask as Eastern too had their stake innit too so again why no extra services.
Eg Dublin , Brussels , ( unserved all over Yorkshire) Copenhagen, but ideally with better timed flights , more frequently .
And cheaper! . Imho they should be doing something to bring in the cash and stop the Rot. I feel for the staff , the aircrews . Can't be a nice place to work.
Eastern's Owners, Bristows, if you read financials, are not in a good place, share value down to just over $1.00 the other day