PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 21st Mar 2019, 16:38
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
With regard to the Cardiff City incident this story gets more bizzare by the day.

This from the Guardian.

Willie McKay, who is no longer registered as a football agent but helped his son Mark complete the ill-fated Sala transfer, has been the subject of an investigation by South Wales police over claims he threatened to kill staff at the Premier League club in a dispute about who is liable for damages following the death of Sala in a plane crash
In a brief statement the Welsh force said the investigation “has been transferred to the Metropolitan police service”.

It is understood at least one of the alleged threats has been claimed to have occurred in London and that was confirmed in a statement from the Metropolitan police on Thursday.

“We] have received an allegation of a possible public order offence that took place at Kendall Street, W2 on Friday 22 February,” a spokesperson said. “Officers from central area command unit are investigating. No arrests have been made at this time.”

Kendall Street is in an upmarket part of London north of Hyde Park and 22 February was six days after Sala’s funeral in Argentina.
https://www.theguardian.com/football...f-staff-claims

Apart from the ill fated Malibu another N reg Malibu was also involved in the saga.

After Sala had signed up to play for Cardiff City, his agent Mr N'Diaye was flown back to Nantes on 18 January by Lord George Porchester, who flies his own Piper Malibu plane under the company name Altaclara.

The son of the Earl of Caernarfon, whose family seat is used as a filming location for TV's Downton Abbey, he holds a private pilot's licence.

As the plane is registered in the US, it cannot be flown commercially in Europe and Lord Porchester can only fly passengers in the EU on a cost-sharing basis, not for reward.

Lord Porchester has told BBC Wales he flew Mr N'Diaye as a "favour" for Willie McKay and did not receive any payment for the flight.

"I've got my own aircraft and I flew that flight," he said. "There was no financial arrangement at all with anyone, it was a private flight."

He added: "I've been pulled into this because I've done someone a favour."
The BBC Wales website also has the following facts.

• 18 January - Sala flies from Nantes to Cardiff for a medical and to sign his contract with Cardiff City. Via Channel Jets in N531EA. Sala's agent Mr N'Diaye - who has travelled to Cardiff for the signing via a commercial flight - flown back to Paris by Lord George Porchester in his own aircraft, N14EF
  • 19 January - Sala flown back to Nantes by David Ibbotson on N264DB to bid farewell to his Nantes team-mates and make personal arrangements. Mr Ibbotson books into a hotel to await the return leg of the journey - on 21 January - to deliver Sala back to Cardiff for his first training session
  • 21 January - The flight leaves Nantes at 19:15 and disappears from radar around an hour into the journey.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-47626855

N14EF is registered in Wilmington Deleware to Altaclara Aviation.

The same company with Lord Porchester at the helm is registered in the UK.
Their company description contains the following;

Renting and leasing of air passenger transport equipment
See https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...05530/officers

Last edited by Mike Flynn; 21st Mar 2019 at 17:36.