PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737 Max Software Fixes Due to Lion Air Crash Delayed
Old 20th Mar 2019, 23:10
ktcanuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Denti
I know the 737 does not have a stick pusher, but, at least in the NG, it did increase stick power approaching a stall. That seems to be insufficient in the MAX, or not included in its systems. Below an excerpt from the NG FCOM, latest version i flew which is by now a few years old. If i understand it, there is now a fourth system with MCAS to aid in that situation.
Denti, that's pretty much what I had in mind. In my day we used a system called "Q feel" (AV-8) to provide some artificial force feel to the stick and it was fail passive.

As to FCEng's comment about the aircraft needing to have something already in place, the priority must be to make it safe for worldwide operators. If there is a better way to provide the required control force transfer function already in place then great. Otherwise it needs to be introduced.

Boeing is not dumb. Why pick this MCAS kluge if all you need to do is straighten out a control force function. It beats me.